ChessCube

Monday, 24 May 2010

Time management

Today I woke up feeling happy.

Sunshine, birdsong and a positive attitude.

Had breakfast, bathed and went through to my exam venue and studied that extra hour before going into the venue to write.

Then I looked at the board and saw my module wasn't listed. In less then a second my good mood vanished and I groped around in my bag for my timetable.

Yep, listed there in black and white, my exam was for the 25th of May, not the 24th.

So doing a break-neck sprint, I went to the car, drove home to grab my bag, and then sped off to work. Which I arrived at, 11:45. Only three hours late.

I then had to apologise for being a blonde to my boss, and get to work. She was pretty cool about it, and everyone else in my office tried to cheer me up.

On the plus side, no-one other then D was upset with me (boy, did he have a nice go at my timing and managing things). At least I got an extra 3 hours revision in this morning. So tomorrow, at the actual exam, I am going to write and ace Mandarin for beginners!

Which brings me to my second point...maybe I should work on creating a better schedule for myself. Like actually writing things into the calander on my wall so mistakes like this dont happen.

Oh well, part of life is making - and learning from - mistakes.

At least I didn't arrive a day late for my exam.

Until next time,
Me

1 comment:

NoctrnlFire said...

Hey there, don't worry about it. As we all say: Shit happens. I've done it a few times and so has just about everyone else. Yeah, we keep schedules on PDA's and iPhones over here, but it doesn't help. Modern tech doesn't really keep you from making simple human mistakes...

Anyways, Good luck on your Language test down there. May the Schwartz be with you. LOL. Happy Geek/Nerd Pride Day and Happy Towel Day!!